Saturday, 20 August 2011

Tick Tock

Firstly this blog has been a work in progress for a while, I have edited it several times, changed the title and had just about given up on finishing it.

It is a rare occasion when I have two hands to type with and a reasonable noise level allowing me to be able to concentrate. "mum" "mum" "mum" Is all I seem to hear at the moment from the boys. Jordan often follows with a sentence starting with "Can I have".  I'm not complaining though as Jensen is currently a jibbery jabbery, chittery chattery, chinese/malaysian/french mumbo jumbo talking toddler, which means it takes a little longer for me to decipher what he actually wants. I mustn't be to good at it as he has started getting cups and bringing them to me when he wants a drink. He tries so hard to communicate and once I have guessed what he is after by saying "drink" "food" "ball" "book" he responds with a nod of the head and then toddles off happily .... It then seems to be a case of "next". Who is next in line?


Speaking of a line. Whilst taking clothes off the clothesline the other day I had a "me" moment, few and far apart these days. There was silence, all children were sleeping, the neighbours houses were quiet and all that could be heard was the rustling of the trees in the breeze. I took a moment to enjoy it and before I knew it the washing was off the line and I felt relaxed. For a few moments the washing was not a chore and I enjoyed it. Perhaps it's because I allowed myself ... Well I was half way through saying something but its now been days since and I have no idea what the end of that sentence was going to be.



Zena feeling sorry for herself.
It seems even opening my eyes this morning could not be peaceful. Dakota crying, Jordy wanting to hold her, Jensen waking up late and seemingly starving and hubby stressing out trying to explain that the dog just caught and killed a possum. How very sad this is for me as my baby girl (well she - Zena - has always been my baby girl until a few weeks ago) has always been the most placid, timid and trustworthy dog I have ever had and known but this morning events has placed some doubt in my mind. In fact it has been on my mind the whole day and I can't seem to bring myself to look at her the same. Hubby assures me that there was no malice intended and it was her natural reaction, I hope he is right and my sinking gut feeling passes.

Maybe I should stop trying to finish this post, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

(well I got alot written then !!)

Today however I managed some more "me" time. Dakota and Jensen sleeping and Jordan reading quiety on the lounge. It may only be short lived for ten minutes now and then but it is better than nothing. I would rather spend 99% of my time making my children happy than not have them around at all.  They are my life and my sense of being, I would certainly be bored and lonely without them.

Life will slow down one day, but for now ...

I managed to finish my blog and now the chaos (bedtime routine) is starting,

1 comment:

  1. I think sometimes we Mums need to remind ourselves to breathe! We are so much to everyone that the candle burns at both ends and before we know it we're burnt out. Children are demanding and time consuming, but oh so beautiful and worth the effort. I don't think it hurts when we get a moment of calm to allow ourselves to enjoy it and do it at our own pace, even if it's getting the washing off the line!

    ReplyDelete